Old Council Tenancy Agreement

This brochure is intended for tenants of social housing renters (including councils and housing companies). It explains some of your rights as a tenant. It does not apply to the occupancy rights of long-term tenants and co-owners of social housing units. You have to apply to go to our transfer list. See website: Apply for Council accommodation A rental agreement is a contract between an owner (in this case we, the Council) and you, the occupier. Your rental agreement defines what we, the landlord, must do and what you, the tenant, must do. If the municipality decides to terminate the tenancy agreement, it must advise the tenant to assist the tenant in housing or to help them access other housing options, as needed. The husband, wife or life partner always takes precedence over all others, unless it is a common rent if the lease continues in the name of the other roommate. Be sure to provide all the evidence you have to prove that you should accept the lease. This could include things like bills to show that you have been living in the home for at least a year or that you live there.

If you move and sublet your home, you lose your security status permanently. This also applies if you return later. The Council could easily end your rent and everyone who lives there will be evicted. Most people don`t have problems during their snancy introduction, but if problems arise, we`ll act quickly to fix them. You cannot be evacuated for under-occupancy of a sure rent from the council if it was a common rent or if you inherited it as the tenant`s husband, wife or life partner. If you violate the terms of your rental agreement or allow other members of your household or visitors to violate the terms and conditions, we may take legal action against you. This may also include evicting yourself from home. You are responsible for paying the rent if you take over the rental agreement – you usually have to pay the rent from the date the previous tenant died. Most council tenants are safe tenants. A safe lease is a lifetime lease. You may be able to stay in your consulting or housing house if the person mentioned in the rental agreement dies – this is called the estate.

If you can stay, it means you`re going to take care of your rent – it will be known as a success. If two or more names appear on the rental card, you have a common lease. Each person (co-tenant) is responsible for paying the rent and complying with the terms of the tenancy agreement. Council may take action against one or both tenants if the property is damaged, if unjustified changes have been made to your home, or if antisocial behaviour takes place. As a secure tenant, you can only be evacuated if you break the rental conditions. As safe tenants include your rights. There are limits to what can be done with an introductory lease, for example: a Council rent can only be inherited once, unless the lease authorizes more than one estate. If you currently have a lease in your own name and would like to add someone, you should add it by contacting your local housing agent. You cannot have rent in common with your children or siblings. This estate right applies only to your original lease, not to leases that have already been transferred to someone by estate.

An introductory tenancy agreement may be offered to new Council tenants.