The project is a partnership by The Madison Square Garden Company and Las Vegas Sands. Speakers at the event included: Jayne McGivern, EVP of development and construction, The Madison Square Garden Company; Rob Goldstein, president and COO, Las Vegas Sands; James L. Dolan, executive chairman and CEO, The Madison Square Garden Company; and Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval.
The MSG Sphere at The Venetian will be located on Sands Avenue between Manhattan Street and Koval Lane, and will feature an iconic spherical shape, which will become a hallmark design element of MSG Sphere venues. It will have a height of more than 360-feet and a width of more than 500-feet, with a scalable capacity of more than 18,000 seats, with all seats in front of the stage.
Cutting-edge technologies include:
- An LED exterior that is fully programmable, creating a digital showcase for brands, artists, events and partners
- The largest and highest resolution LED screen on Earth. This more than 160,000-square foot display plane will wrap around the interior of the bowl, creating a visually stunning experience
- A dynamically adaptive acoustics system that will deliver crystal clear audio to every guest, no matter the size or type of event. This system will utilize a variety of technologies, including beam-forming, enabling audio to be directed to specific locations in the bowl at a near constant volume from point of origin to
- destination. Beam-forming technology also enables the simultaneous delivery of multiple forms of content – creating a truly customized experience
- An infrasound haptic flooring system that will convey bass through the floor so that guests “feel” the experience
- A new architecture for connectivity that will deliver 25 megabits per second for every guest, enabling a broader range of content, greater interaction among guests and more immersive entertainment experiences
- First-class amenities – from luxurious seating and hospitality offerings for a wide range of audiences, to deluxe, dedicated areas designed specifically for artists
MSG Sphere at The Venetian will serve as a long-term investment in Las Vegas and Southern Nevada, bringing thousands of new jobs and delivering enormous economic benefits. – Analysis from Hobbs, Ong & Associates, has projected the new venue would create an estimated:
- 3,500 local jobs each year during construction
- 4,400 jobs annually once the venue is open
- Annual economic output of $730 million from venue operation and incremental visitation to Las Vegas
- These activities will also generate approx. $48 million in annual tax revenue for State and local programs and entities, including $7.2 million that will directly benefit the Clark County School District
MSG Sphere at The Venetian is being designed by Populous, one of the world’s most acclaimed design and architectural firms